- Investment funds are competing in an increasingly competitive market — high touch is the success for managers.
- Investors and independent advisors expect more and are asking for more — less trash and trinkets & more practice management content and business building initiatives.
- Managers need to ensure that they have a satisfactory operational infrastructure in order to attract assets.
- Biggest sweeping change in manager/fund assessment is more robust and detailed due diligence — second set of eyes on structure, and players.
- There is a penalty for being different in the marketing cycle — values don't change, the marketing needs to.
Operational QualityWe need to market and represent quality:
- Appointment of a capable administrator and reputable auditor.
- Adequate accounting controls: no segregation of duties or problems.